The Minister for the Presidency in charge of special economic zones executes the policy of the Nation as defined by the President of the Republic in the areas of special economic zones. In this capacity, he is particularly responsible, for the following:
- Implement development policy of special economic zones;
- Identify and select potential sites for the establishment of special economic zones;
- To promote, assist and develop the activities of special economic zones;
- Define the main areas of intervention of government departments in special economic zones;
- Propose, together with relevant departments, incentives to businesses to invest in Special Economic Zones measures;
- Target, attract and arouse the interest of potential investors for special economic zones;
- Plan, coordinate and regulate the activities of special economic zones;
- Contribute to the implementation of new instruments for economic and social development in special economic zones.
The Minister in the Presidency in charge of special economic zones for the exercise of its powers, authority over all departments of his ministry and exercise of its powers, authority over all departments of his ministry and shall exercise supervision over the agencies under its jurisdiction as determined by the laws governing the organization of the Department of Special Economic Zones.